Blog Archive

Monday, October 27, 2014

San Pedro Sula Week 8

HOLA!

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing? Man was I blessed this week to feel better! Earlier this week one night I just couldn't sleep and my stomach just had the worst pain ever. And I asked my comp if he could give me a blessing so I could fall asleep and feel better for tomorrow. I don't remember him finishing the blessing because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep....haha it was amazing! I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood and that I was able to recover and feel better this week. And I'm grateful for my companion! He is such a stud. He is sooooo funny we just pull pranks and joke with each other alllll the time. I really haven't laughed like this for a while! He helps me enjoy the mission which is great.

When we stopped by one of our members houses this week we saw the mother of the family painting all by herself. This family owns all the 5 apartments in the building and she was repainting alll of them. When we went to help her I thought it was going to be a quick thing and we leave. But no thats not how life goes....we came back every day this week and painted all the houses!! It was super fun but now i have bright green paint all over my clothes....I forgot my camera today so i can't show any of the pictures but next week I will send them all! All the appartments turned out really good ( for Honduras ).



One of the best things I'm learning from my comp is to lose allll fear and just talk to everyone. He's really great at just saying whatever and getting people to talk. So we have been contacting alot and its been so cool to see the hand of the Lord. When I was with de Leon we came across a sister that seemed interested but we only talked in the street for a little bit and I felt like we needed to talk to her more but I had fear in a what to say. I was so mad later that day that I didnt say anything. Well weeks and weeks later, Olivas and I were walking and searching for a reference and we were asking some neighbors where this guy lived. And we came to a house to ask if they knew this guy and the woman that I met in the street answered the door! It was a second chance and it was so cool and trippy to find her in her house in a part of our area we hardly visit! She was super open and she came to church! Cool experience.

This saturday we have a baptism and I'm super stoked! His name is Jorge and is the son of one of the families we are teaching. His parents are going to get married this next month then they will get baptized in december! They are so diligent... its so great to see their strong testimony. The son was going to wait and be baptized with his dad but he told us he got an answer that he should be baptized sooner. They all read the Book of Mormon and they all pray together. They are so awesome! Teaching families is the best part of the mission.

Well this week was really busy and really fast and I can't remember anything. So sorry I can't write more :/ Oh ya if you guys are reading this and say wow Sessions can't write to save his life he just uses the same words over and over again, just know its because spanish is messing with my brain. Here in honduras they have the worst spanish so I have bad habits I'm sorry! haha love you all! 
-Elder Sessions


No comments:

Post a Comment